Pages

Thursday 19 May 2016

TCAF 2016 - It happened!

Thanks for the support and good times! It was great to see friends and family, and the extended melee of the Toronto Comic Arts Festival.


The Editions TRIP Comix table... a cramped space wherein much jostling, signing, sketching and cajoling happened.  With Stan Wany.



The annual dinner at Little India restaurant on Queen St. West - with Mireille, Stan Wany, Sergio, Nicholas, a few of Marc Tessier​'s comic book writing students, me and Stéphane Olivier​.



 In deep conversation about graphic design, architecture and culture with Stéphane Olivier​ of Montreal... a friend from back in the 1990's Gogo Guy comix jam days.



A major inspiration and support, my father Richard Brown​ who had us reading limericks by Edward Lear, watching "Apocalypse Now" and listening to Pere Ubu, Pink Floyd and Joy Division at the dinner table while we were growing up.  Thanks for coming all the way from Guelph, Dad!



The next generation - my nephew Sasha enjoys a live reading of a locally produced comic book with talking birds and cats.



Sasha's mother, my sister Judy Brown​ unravels the mysteries of Supergirl shortly before noodles arrive.



With my muse and lovely wife Quyen Tieu​ and my generous friend, publisher and enabler, Mr. Marc Tessier​ of Montreal.



With Howard Chackowicz​, drummer and cartoonist from Montreal.



Your humble narrator - me - the night after TCAF... on the wall behind me are the freshly completed last four pages of my next graphic novel project -- THE CLIFF Book 5, "The King" -- which is to be released as part of the THE COMPLETE CLIFF, Books 1-5 by Editions Trip​ at TCAF 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment